You know what time it is! It’s almost Super Bowl Sunday, the time of year when house parties materialize and fake Patriots fans come out to play (jk guys… but really, I’m just bitter about the Steelers loss still) *sigh*
But along with football, comes delicious food and a free pass for cheating on your diet. My go-to appetizer to bring with me to a party is always a dip—they’re easy to make and are always a hit! So, if you’re struggling to figure out what to bring this year, you’re in luck. I decided to share my own Taco Dip recipe with you all just in time to make for the big game.
Enjoy, and Go Falcons!
You will need:
1 8oz Stick of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (I opt for 1/3 Less Fat)
2 (very generous) tbsp of Light Sour Cream
1 ½ tbsp of Hot Sauce (I use Red Hot)
1 15oz Can of Hormel’s No Bean Turkey Chili
Shredded Mexican Cheese
*Optional* Toppings of your choice: Tomatoes, Onions, Black Olives, ect.
How to Prepare:
1. Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, turkey chili, and hot sauce together in the bowl you will serve in. Mix until the cream cheese is evenly spread out and the dip has a decent thickness to it. (It is not going to look appetizing but, your taste buds will thank you…I proooooomise!)
2. Add a hand full of cheese and mix into the dip.
3. Cover in a layer of lettuce and a layer of cheese.
4. Add your toppings (I was only feeling tomatoes this time).
5. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
6. Don’t forget to bring your chips! 😉
That’s literally all there is to it…. How great is that?!